Josh,

I've also seen this problem if the JobSandbox table has too many rows to
process.  I ran into a similar problem when I tried to run 10,000 Async
batch processes.  The time it took for the JobPoller to process all the
records was too long and the transaction would time out.

I had a patch to change the transaction timeout for the JobPoller
specifically as it wasn't available in ofbiz at the time, but I don't think
I ever submitted it.  I could look for this patch if anyone is interested
but it may already be implemented in the framework.

I would try archiving jobs from the JobSandbox first.

Brett