Hi Will,

Thanks for sharing your experience.  I'm sure it will be useful to others.

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 7:48 AM, Will Rogers <wjrog...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just went through an unpleasant two hours trying to get buildr to install
> on Windows. May I make two suggestions to improve your "Installing on
> Windows" section at http://buildr.apache.org/installing.html ?
>
> 1. Installing the Ruby one-click installer is not enough, you also need the
> devkit so you have a compiler and make. The devkit is a 7zip file available
> on the same page as the one-click installer. You just extract it to your
> Ruby directory and make sure the paths in devkit/msys/1.0.11/etc/fstab are
> accurate.

Ok, added a mention of the devkit under the Windows section.   (Website not
yet updated)

> 2. The version rjb-1.1.9 required by buildr-1.3.5 does not build when your
> JAVA_HOME has spaces in the path. The default install location is in
> "C:/Program Files", which means rjb will not build. rjb-1.2.0 works, so
> please either release an updated buildr gem that works with this fixed
> version of rjb or suggest a work-around of installing the JDK to a
> non-default location with no spaces in the path.

Ok, we'll upgrade to rjb-1.2.0 for Buildr 1.4.0 so this shouldn't be an
issue in the future.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BUILDR-356

alex