On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 10:29 AM, Will Rogers <wjrog...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 1:23 PM, Assaf Arkin <as...@labnotes.org> wrote:
> > > 2. The version rjb-1.1.9 required by buildr-1.3.5 does not build when
> your
> > > JAVA_HOME has spaces in the path
> >
> > I'm not sure why you're getting the all-platforms gem with RJB 1.1.9
> > dependency, but you shouldn't.   Could be one of the gems was in the
> > switchover from Rubyforge to Gemcutter?
>
> The latest versions of the Ruby one click installer are compiled with
> mingw, not msvc6, and I believe that means they are not binary
> compatible with -mswin32 gems. Rubygems selects the basic
> all-platforms gems with this build of Ruby.

I think they're just using a different platform identifier, because their
suggestion is:

gem install --platform=mswin32
http://wiki.github.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller/gem-list

Could be targeted with a specific Buildr gem that's identical to -mswin32
but has the proper platform identifier to match one-click installer.

Assaf