Hi :)
That is exactly the most perfect use-case that would be better in a
database than in a spreadsheet.

What makes it even more perfect is that Base can use the existing
spreadsheet as an external back-end.  This means that while you struggle to
get Base set-up you can keep using the existing spreadsheet in the way you
are familiar with.  Also at any random moment in the future, even after
Base is set-up, you can just use the spreadsheet method that you are using
all the time at the moment.