Itojun <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>       the node (3ffe:3200:f:f::2) is still sending bogus http requests
>       (over IPv6) to multiple servers we have.  it could be web
crawler of
>       some sort that went mad, but anyway, it is too annoying.
>
>       again, please stop it.
> >     whoever you are, if you are reading it, please stop it.  thanks.

I've cc:'d the people in the 6bone range for you...

Give them 24 hours to reply (they are very prolly in your timezone) and
then call them up...
And if they don't reply... simply add some nice rerouting to that ::1
target and wait till they wake up...
that should be quite soon if they have any activity on the 6bone :)

Ofcourse this is taking into consideration RFC 2772, section 7 on page
10:
8<----------------------------------------------------------------------
------
 2. The pTLA Applicant MUST have the ability and intent to provide
      "production-quality" 6Bone backbone service. Applicants must
      provide a statement and information in support of this claim.
      This MUST include the following:

      a. A support staff of two persons minimum, three preferable, with
         person attributes registered for each in the ipv6-site object
         for the pTLA applicant.

      b. A common mailbox for support contact purposes that all support
         staff have acess to, pointed to with a notify attribute in the
         ipv6-site object for the pTLA Applicant.
---->8

Would not be very handy if they are 'running rogue'...

Greets and goodluck,
 Jeroen

8<--------------------------------------------------------------
jeroen@purgatory:~$ whois -h whois.6bone.net 3ffe:3200:f:f::2

% RIPEdb(3.0.0b2) with ISI RPSL extensions

inet6num:     3FFE:3200::/24
netname:      CERNET
descr:        pTLA delegation for the 6bone
country:      CN
admin-c:      LX1-6BONE
tech-c:       CMK1-6BONE
remarks:      This object is automatically converted from the RIPE181
registry
notify:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
mnt-by:       MNT-TH-CERNET
changed:      [EMAIL PROTECTED] 19981201
changed:      [EMAIL PROTECTED] 20010117
source:       6BONE
<SNIP>
person:       Li Xing
address:      Department of Electronic Engineering
              Tsinghua University, Beijing, 100084 China
phone:        +86 10 6278 5982
phone:        +86 10 6275 2614
e-mail:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<SNIP>
person:       Chen Maoke
address:      Department of Electronic Engineering
              Tsinghua University, Beijing, 100084, China
phone:        +86 10 6277 7734
phone:        +86 10 6278 5005 525
e-mail:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<SNIP>
person:       Wu Haisang
address:      Department of Electronic Engineering
              Tsinghua University, Beijing, 100084, China
phone:        +86 10 6277 4369
phone:        +86 10 6278 5005 525
e-mail:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]