> Really ? this is not what I understood from the user guide - as I
> understand it, allowed SMSC is used for access control, while prefered
> SMSC is used for routing priorities.
> But ok - I agree that using prefered SMSC is a much better keyword to
> use if load balancing is required.

Ah, crossed wires, sorry. I was just thinking of the routing, not the access
(and it was 'accepted-smsc' I was thinking of for the sms-service). I
haven't tested it (will try it today with a few fakesmscs), but maybe you
need to set denied-smsc-id aswell to ensure that the access you've set works
as you expect?

> That's was what I'm trying to get - a clear idea of the load balancing
> algortihm. from my test it looks like randomal, which is (IMHO) not a
> good idea for a small number of SMSCs (is there a kannel setup in use
> somewhere with a large number of SMSCs ?).

For the routing, I think if you don't set preferred-smsc-id, then it is
random. If you do, then as long as that smsc is available it should go there
(not taking into account any retry mechanism).

Ian