On Tue, 2002-02-12 at 12:56, Chris Blown wrote:
> Well nothings wrong with it, if you want to send the same sms message to
> tons of people then its great.
>
> AFAIK you can't do keyword service type responses like Kannel can do.
> Certainly possible though, but your 'sms-as-xml-over-http' service provider
> must be able to accept incoming SMS messages, know who they should be
> forwarded to and package up some xml and send it over to your system. Then I
> have something that reads this XML answers the request and sends it all
> back.
>
> One example with Kannel is I send the service center an SMS asking it for a
> phone number that's in my address book, then sms this number to three of my
> friends, all in one hit. Now that's "sms services"
>
> But yeah, if these types of services are possible over these xml systems,
> then an 'xml-over-http-as-SMSC' for Kannel is really not a bad idea.

I'm not sure how such a service that you describe is available currently
with SMSCs (if I understood correctly that you mean its a service
provided by the SMSC and not by Kannel), but I don't see any problem
doing a "web services" module for Kannel even if the only thing it can
do is to send MTs (MOs won't be that hard either, but it's only an added
bonus).

Oded Arbel
m-Wise inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
Juliette: "I've changed and I'm still the same."
        -- from 'Deux ou trois choses que je sais d'elle'