I've been watching this thread for some time now and am amazed at what
people think is and isn't available.

It is perfectly possible in the UK to get full two way SMPP including
ranges of international addresses.

The kinds of things that are possible and I have seen done are:

- Mobile handset sending into an application listening on SMPP (MO ->
ESME) and have this reply with a response. Not using sim based solutions
either!

- Have an application send a message to a handset and have the user
reply directly to the application (ESME -> MT).

- Full two way Handset to desktop application chat (like ICQ but better)
- across mutliple networks. None of this short code stuff.

- ESME to Handset traffic at well over 100 messages per second.

Carwyn