At the risk of starting a flame war, what are some arguments for Maven vs.
Gradle?

This is in the context of a change and risk-averse organization that currently
has a large Ant build, although with some associated Maven builds.

I see the advantages of Gradle as a much better Ant, but I would be concerned
about losing the advantages of Maven, like better integrated tool support.

One of the disadvantages of Gradle is the same as Ant, which is that it's very
easy to have two people do similar things in a completely different way.
Gradle makes it easier to reuse things, but it doesn't seem like it nudges you
that hard in that direction.

I can see the possibility of calling Groovy from Maven, but having that be
Gradle code would require the Gradle runtime, and I don't see a "Gradle Maven
plugin" yet (although I believe I've seen a "Maven Gradle plugin).  Even if you
could do this, I'm not sure it makes sense or provides significant value.