You will have to make your own assessment but most new projects I see in my
customer base are moving over to gradle. It offers the same convention over
configuration advantages of Maven but with some flexibility if you need it,
plus a whole swag of benefits that are gradle specific. The dependency
management story is practically identical to the maven world.

Cheers, Paul.