OK. Thanks four your responses, Mark and Jason.
Lets sum up. We have the agreement of the authors to build up a new
"working group".
I recently created a new organization at github:
https://github.com/maven-nar (just to give this a kickstart)
Please tell me who wants to become a project owner. I have added the three
active fork users (richardkerr, grogdomjahn and 1spatial). I suggest to now
vote on one fork to be moved to the organization and merging all the pull
requests, solving issues etc.
Unperiodical users can always create pull requests on the project. New
regular users are welcome :)

Technical features can be discussed in the github wiki at the moment.

I will create website and other things too, the website and repository can
be hosted by github. After doing this homework with merging all the forks
we can discuss the future of this project.
As long as there is no organization selected I will use my jenkins to push
the website to a github repository.

> That said if you were going to take it to a foundation, in the long run I
> would take it to the Eclipse Foundation. They have just converted the whole
> platform build to Maven and there is a large native component to that for
> SWT and the launchers. Redhat has done a lot of the work there lately and
> I'm sure they would be interested as they do their own builds of the
> Eclipse Platform for their users and customers.
>
> I happy to talk any of the groups as Sonatype would have to make a
> donation of code to move it to a foundation, but honestly I really think
> Github is the best place for you to spark up the project again.

I do not preferr any of the codehaus, mavens core or eclipse foundation.
All three solutions are fine for me as well as having a lonesome project
group using github and publishing to maven central.

For eclipse: This should be discussed with an eclipse foundation guru and
with an eclipse cdt guru. As soon as we are ready with the project team and
voted for an active project lead I would be happy to contact them. I am
already involved in eclipse pdt (commiting patches) and already had some
contact to some of the gurus.