I can sympathize here.  Maven is a great concept for the simple tasks but is
much more difficult when something is just outside the norm.  I have been
tinkering with maven projects for several month and monitoring this forum, but
when it came time to port my own code base I find myself struggling all the
time.

Mavens concept of declaration hides a lot of the "how its done" from the
developer. So if things don't work quite like you expected then you only have
the doc to help you.  But I have found that even the doc is very narrowly
focused in the examples provided so it is back to the plugin doc and many are
almost totally useless to a NOOB.

I think that once I understand the "how things work under the covers" the light
bulb will come on.  But it is a big learning curve for some of us.

cookie

Rodrigo Madera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Denis,

Will all due respect, do you really wish to just read a page and get running
and fully understanding Maven?
Do you really say Maven is hard because you didn't understand your very
first plugin encounter, which happens to be nothing less than the EAR
plugin?

Maven is a complex system that simplifies projects, but it does so with
concepts that need to be viewed.
You need to read the book. You need to read it so you will understand.

If you're a fast reader you'll be doing Hello World in less than two hours
knowing what you are doing.

Sincerely,
Rodrigo