Dear All,
             I am kinda of lost here. I was just following the tutorial on
the following link.

 http://thilani.wordpress.com/2009/07/15/running-mbuni-as-a-mmsc/

Is this a correct way of implementing MMSC using Mbuni. Now I want to start
from the scratch, and I want to have help in it. My requirement is that I
want to send an MMS from my Mbuni installed machine to different mobile
phones. Where should I start from. Can any one give me a detailed info and
configuration needed for this. What should be the configuration model of the
Mbuni, either VAS or MMSC, I am confused here. Let say my mubuni installed
machine name would be  "myhost.edu.pk". how many and what groups should I be
iincluding in my configuration file. Your help will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Aftab Hussain

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 5:19 AM, INSI mobile <insimob...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Nikos,
>
> Even I am having the same issue, I  get the  notification, but my Motorola
> phones(though I didn't try other brands) are
> unable to retrieve the URL, I have the questions:
>
> The URL doesn't work even from the browser.
>
> Do I need to run the web server on the box where MMSC is running, if not
> who is going to receive this URL
> request?
>
> How does this URL gets routed to MMSC process if WEB server is running? any
> configuration we need to make in
> the web server?
>

> regards,
> Insim.
>
> 2009/11/14 Nikos Balkanas <nbalka...@gmail.com>
>
>  Hi,
>>
>> Since you are receiving the notification OK, everything up to kannel part
>> is working. I don't know much about mbuni, and do not have time to go
>> through the sources. A couple of questions:
>>
>> 1) Your smsc-id you are posting "at_dummy=x", is this the smsc-id you have
>> in kannel.conf? If it is the '=x' part should be urlencoded. Better to use
>> another smsc-id name.
>>
>> 2) mmsrelay says that the url to fetch the MMS is:
>>
>> http://jaroka.seecs.edu.pk/mms/b-qf436.2.x199...@2/wx37
>>
>> Have you tried to access it from a browser from your PC?
>>
>> 3) smsbox sends notification for the same url.
>>
>> 4) mmsproxy gets HTTP request from mobile. However, your mobile sends an
>> HTTP header:

>> I think this maybe a problem.
>>
>> Are you getting any DLRs from the attempt? Please post along with mmsproxy
>> access log from the attempt.
>>
>> BR,
>> Nikos

>>> "myserver".
>>> 2) hostname-alias: A more readable form of the above. Why the "/"?
>>> 3) sendsms-url: I know kannel and this is not a valid sendsms-url. Skip
>>> the trailing "&"
>>>
>>> Also forget about homepages. You should receive a push notification,
>>> which if you click it should get you to the correct url.
>>>
>>> To help you further you must post your logs.
>>>
>>> BR,
>>> Nikos

>>> name = "My MMSC"
>>> hostname = my.mbuni.installed.machine/mms
>>>
>>> host-alias = my.mbuni.installed.machine/mms/mm1
>>> local-prefixes = +92;
>>> storage-directory = /mms
>>> max-send-threads = 5
>>> maximum-send-attempts = 50