On 1/11/12 10:11 AM, Mike van Goor wrote:
On 11-1-2012 0:03, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
On 1/10/12 9:31 PM, Mike van Goor wrote:
Hi list,

Trying to figure something out here and I know it's my first post so
please bare with me.

Excuse me if my question sounds noobish, but I have been unable to
find anything relating to my question, so here goes.

I am currently writing a program that spontaniously creates multiple
sockets for outgoing as well as incoming connections. In the
implementation for NioProcessor I see the option to set a specific
ioProcessor. I would like my program to just use 1 ioProcessor at all
times.
Why would you do that ?

In this scenario do I have to create my own ioProcessor and feed that
to the creation of a NioSocket or does mina do this for me?
You can specify the number of IoProcessor to use, and set it to 1 if
needed. But again, why would you do that ?

Hi Emmanuel,

Firstly thanks for responding.
I am looking for a way to only use 1 selector in my setup.
The reason is that I would like as less threads as possible.
Ok. When you create your Connector/Acceptor, you just have to pass as a parameter the number of IoProcessor you ant to use. Juts pass 1 :

        SocketAcceptor acceptor = new NioSocketAcceptor( 1 );

Just curious : any reason to limit the number of threads to the minimum ?
Also which version of MINA/JVM/OS are you using ?

--
Regards,
Cordialement,