On 8/31/2014 5:11 PM, LuKreme wrote:

On 31 Aug 2014, at 08:08 , Ted Mittelstaedt<t...@ipinc.net>  wrote:
Google does it.  It's not impossible.

[snip]

My experience is that the commercial providers like Gmail are now
so aggressive that false positives are VERY common on their systems,
this leads to people nowadays quite commonly saying "check your
spam folder" on their websites and such that send feedback messages.

These two statements do not go together.

Only because your stubbornly sticking your head in the sand.

Google has well over 90% catch rate on spam out of the box.

Google ALSO has a 1-2% False Positive rate out of the box.  Their catch
rate is so high because they are willing to accept a high false positive rate.

Most users of Google are, in my opinion, idiots, and when their friends email them and they don't get the email, once their friends contact them
later they almost NEVER go to Google's Junk Mail box - and notice that
Google blocked their legitimate mail.  And if they DO notice this they
blame the sender (their friends) because Google Is Never Wrong.

Unfortunately, the number of idiots on the Internet vastly outweighs
the number of smart people which is why Google is bigger.

Ted