>"Caldarale, Charles R" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> However, I now have a need to deploy my WAR under a context
>> path that is not at the root level of my tomcat server.
>>
>> For example, I need to deploy my application.war under:
>>     http://www.domain.com/demo/application
>
>You need to put your <Context> element in
>conf/Catalina/[hostname]/demo#application.xml; include a docBase
>attribute to point to the location of the appropriate war file (or
>directory).  Do not put the application under the <Host> appBase
>directory, or it will be deployed twice.
>
>I don't know if you can do this with the autodeployer, but a simple
>script should suffice.

Yeah - that much I had somewhat figured out.  Although, I have to admit, the
naming convention of the context file is really bizarre.  Is it really with
a # in the file name??

My bigger problem, however, is that I am starting to really push ppl to use
the tomcat manager as much as possible to avoid manual manipulations on the
server itself; ideally I would like everything packaged in the war file to
limit the number of potential mistakes and problems that can arise when you
work directly on the server's filesystem.

Is there anyway to instruct tomcat to rename the META-INF/context.xml file
to be demo#application.xml instead of application.xml?  Maybe an instruction
within the context tag itself or even somewhere else (another file, or in
the server.xml file)?

Thanks!

Eric