I want to create a webapp that just lists the content of a directory -
but I don't want to turn on directory listing globally.

I've seen lots of people say it can be done, just do .... but I've yet
to find a working example.  Can someone tell me what I'm missing here?

I have a file:

tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost/foo.xml

The contents are:

<Context path="/foo" docBase="/dir/foo" debug="0" privileged="false">

</Context>

Now this, all by itself works for creating the webapp, and it will get
a directory listing if I enable global directory listing in the
web.xml file, but I don't want that.

So, I created:

tomcat/server/webapps/billing/WEB-INF/web.xml

The contents are:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web
Application 2.3//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd";>
<web-app>
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>foo</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet</servlet-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>debug</param-name>
            <param-value>0</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>listings</param-name>
            <param-value>true</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>foo</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/foo/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

</web-app>

But this doesn't work.

What do I need to do to make this happen?

Thanks,

Dan