> From: Dan Armbrust [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: directory listings per webapp
>
> Thanks a lot.  I'll see if I can get access to
> http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Miscellaneous and update the answer
> to this question - since the current answer is pretty poor.

In what way?  It describes exactly what must be done - it really is that
simple.  You created your own problem by putting in a docBase attribute
telling Tomcat where the webapp was locating and then editing a web.xml
for an entirely different deployment.

> It would be nice if someone could update
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/default-servlet.html
> as well, because in general, having documentation basically say  "if
> you don't know how to do this already, too bad" is just bad practice
> ;)

I think you misunderstand the meaning of "customize" and perhaps are
confusing it with "configure".  The section on customization discusses
only how directory listings are presented.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.