Still, the main issue that remains is the jsp's.

We have three options here:

- Creating symlinks: this solves the problem in linux. In windows we
would have to copy manually or through a build script/maven extension
the content from outside the project to inside the war. Always a risk
to have different ways to build in different platforms.

- Applying a patch: Applying the patch mentioned before to keep the
same approach we use now with resin. This would be the least effort
solution. But not the most reliable solution, as always have to mess
with tomcat builds would be unacceptable.

- Restructing the application: moving the related jsp's to inside the
war is doable, but would take some effort.  We would still have the
shared jsps. They are managed by our content department using a CMS
tool. They include headers, footers and some other common JSP's. They
would have to be included in the war during packing or using symlinks
in linux.

regards
Emerson