There is a local ISP in Bellows Falls (Sovernet) you might want to get in
touch with -- except their rates for colo-servers (last time I checked) were
more expensive than someone like RackSpace or ServInt (I have 3 server w/
ServInt and love them!).

Back when I was doing some work with Rene I had a box at LayeredTech (They
were hosted with Savvis in Texas, but they are moving to a more budget
provider) that was decent ($40-$50/m for a dedicated box w/ lots of
bandwidth) -- but service was so/so.

Outside of that -- there are a mirriad of small companies who do one-off
hosting -- but you pay more, and get less bang for your buck than you would
at a commercial host.  Its simply economy of scale unfortunately.

"Buying local" in my previous searches ment 400% higher base cost typically.

Stan