Reinhard Nissl kirjoitti:
Hi,

Heikki Manninen wrote:

I've noticed that earlier when I was using PIII 550 MHz and vdr 1.3.22 (or something about) I made a test by recording nine channels simultaneously and watching a recording at the same time. I remember there seemed to be no trouble doing it. Now when I have vdr 1.4.4 after fourth recording starts vdr becomes sluggish and there starts to come errors on log:
dvb-ttpci: warning: timeout waiting in LoadBitmap
when pushing menu button. And ofcourse no menu appears or menu appears only partly.
Exactly the same thing here and with the latest and the second latest
firmware. My FF 2.1 TT card starts to die after third simultaneous
recording. But then again, I think that budget cards are much better in
this area.

Most likely, it's me who has to be blamed. Around 1.3.27, cVideoRepacker
was introduced which has an impact on CPU load. This could be a reason
why the menu is slow when running several recordings at the same time.

Bye.
I do not think that it is the reason. I checked that the cpu load was less than 10% on my 3000+ AMD and even with my 550MHz PIII less than 20% when there were 5 simultaneuous recordings.

\\Kartsa