--- Monica Hall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Sorry - I forgot to send this message to the list as
> well as Bill.  I'm
> always doing that.
>
> Monica

that being the case, i'd like to send my reply to the
list as well as monica because i think it's funny:

thank you for your reply - very detailed.  sounds like
a word for all seasons.

shortly after we moved here i remember talking with an
italian woman about the relative smallness - compared
to english - of the standard italian dictionary.  she
went on to complain about the english language by
saying how narrow it was; how every word has just one
meaning - "whereas..." she concluded with an
expansive, all encompassing hand gesture "in italian
.."

i'll put the question to my charango buddies and see
what they have to say.