fREW <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 写于 2007-05-23 08:15:55:
> Yeah, the really big problem is that the guy I am working with who I
> am helping admin a few servers is at exactly step 1.  In fact, it
> wasn't until recently that he figured out (I told him) that Ctrl-Z is
> not the same as :q!.  And like you said, we upgraded and he was just
> like, "vi got totally weird and now I use nano!"  But after having
> explained to him a couple things that might help him out (r for
> replacing single characters and whatnot) I think he might start the
> path to enlightenment ;-)
>
> -fREW

It seems nature to have vim behave like vi, if the Linux distribution
choose to do so. The distribution decides everything and it is non-related
to vim developers themselves.

All you need to do is to: sudo apt-get install vim-gtk, which installs a
Big version of vim, and the vim will be replaced with that version.

I don't see any problem now, in Feisty, I just run "vi" and everything is
okay, I do *never* use command "vim" to run vim, runing vim with the
command "vi" feels much better for me.

Anyway, I don't think any experienced vim users will still think he need a
plain "vi" after he had get used to "vim". So it is wield for me to have
two different versions of vim on my single computer.

--
Sincerely, Pan, Shi Zhu. ext: 2606