On May 22, 2007, at 3:11 PM, Tobia wrote:

The point is: I don't consider my learning path in any way peculiar, and if Vim had suddenly reverted to Vi while I was in phases 1 to 3, I would have looked at my computer with a blank, baffled expression on my face.

Tobia

If you find that your path is non-linear, I've actually learned vi after vim, which is even more backwards haha. Some servers I need to admin have nano and vi... I'd much rather use vi than nano, even though nano is "easier" to most people, because to me vi is "like" vim. Of course vim is the clone, not vi, but since I learned vim first that's what I've grown to expect.

--Mike H