On May 22, 2007, at 12:34 PM, David Nečas (Yeti) wrote:

This has been hopefully explained already (vi runs a binary
that really behaves like vi, whereas vim runs something more
featureful -- this common in Linux distros).  Anyway, it's
a bit strange when a vim user describes vi as `crazy' and
`so weird'...

Yeti

--
http://gwyddion.net/

I think it just goes to show us that in 2007 there are people who have been raised on vim, i.e. they didn't convert from vi... vim is all some people are used to. I don't think there's anything wrong with that really. A bit strange... yes I agree there, but I imagine it's only going to be more common as time passes and vi becomes more and more a "vintage" program :)

--Mike H