such a pleasant reply... removed as in moved it out of the system
folder... if you read the whole thing you would have seen that i have
gotten rid of 'enablers' before with no problems..... you might also
have noticed that i mentioned it was a powerbook duo... i couldnt have
connected that harddrive to any other system... scsi laptop drives
arent exactly common in my collection... nor is scsi hardware in
general... or even other functional macintosh systems for that
matter.... unless you count functioning as a doorstop (dead mac
classic 2)  starting the mac in 'scsi mode' would also be useless...
considering i dont have a dock... (no dock = no scsi connector)

the point of this post was to show an interesting 'trick' of 'forcing'
mac"os" to boot on hardware that it claims it cant boot on...

and yes.. a linux box can access the hfs and hfs+ filesystems... but
not without some sort of scsi controller especially if it doesnt have
a laptop scsi connector...  but forcing the "os" to boot didnt require
any of this since i was able to move the file with the already
installed "os"

why the quotes? mac "os" uses a shared memory environment on memory
mapped RISC hardware... hardly a stable environment...  especially
when a buggy 680LC40 is present...  and considering all hardware
functions are accessed through the ROM rather than controlled directly
makes it even less of an "os" and more of just a UI front end...

the only 'add-on' part of this "os" i didnt know much about was what
an 'enabler' was... 'patch' would have been a better filename...

heres another interesting tidbit of info... gutting 'apple talk' out
of the system (something i have done many times) frees up nice amounts
of ram... (even if part of appletalk is in rom... at least there isnt
any part of it thats using ram)

--
--sam
http://mephitus.renamon.org/