At 12:01 PM -0500 9/22/05, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have a pair of Kensington Turbo Mouse's that I'm trying to determine what
Macs they were originally sold for.

One is a 'Turbo Mouse' with 2 buttons and 2 ADB ports. The wheels can be
seen on the back. I'm assuming this was for a Mac Plus but there is no
version sticker on the back.

As Ken points out, it would not have been for the Mac Plus because the Plus didn't have ADB. I remember having one of these - USED - connected to my SE, but by then the SE was long in the tooth, so it may have been produced quite some time after the SE was no longer sold.

The second is a "Turbo Mouse Plus" with two buttons but it has the old DB-9
connector and what appears to be a serial port. On the back it says version
3.0 but has no date. I remember the 128K and 512K had a DB-9 for mouse and
keyboard - and I believe my first Turbo Mouse was for a 512K - but what
gives with the serial port? Surely nobody was connecting a mouse to a serial
port. I sure don't remember anything like that.

I remember that there once existed graphics tablets (the ancestors of today's Wacoms) that plugged into serial ports, back in the days before ADB. So a Turbo Mouse that did likewise isn't as much of a stretch as you may think.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rick

Allan Hunter

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>