I have not personally seen the capacitors in question but I wonder what the
temperature rating of the originals was rated at. In tv and video equipment
you can encounter similar problems (usually where some degree of heat is
involved).

When sourcing replacements try get "higher" temperature rated ones e.g. 105
degree or higher if poss.

Different capacitor manufacturers seem to suffer more from this. Sometimes
one lead corrodes away. Others the rubber end degrades.

On bad deposits you sometimes have to resort to using a fibre pen to make
sure the area is clean.

Overall it sounds like a poor batch of capacitors.

Simon