--- Ron 'Hollywood' Parro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

I rebuilt and parted literally hundreds of SEs and
SE 30s and I always
wondered how they would look as an aquarium.

What I've wanted to do for a long time is instead of making a tank to fit inside a compact Mac, make the mac itself the tank.

Trim off all the now useless bits poking into the inside, glue in reinforcements if needed to keep the sides from bulging under the pressure, glue 1/8" plastic sheet over vents and other holes then paint it all with an epoxy paint that cures to a non-toxic finish. Would also have to cut out the handle area and glue some plastic sheet in the back so the water can be filled high enough to come above the top of the screen hole.

For the front window, find a way to crack the tube safely then cut the front off. Clean off the phosphor coating and glue it in its original location.

Print out and hot laminate a black and white desktop screenshot for the back of the tank then use only black and white fish for a "Fyshtem 6" look. ;)

It will be total Fandemonium!
August (Fri) 4th, (Sat) 5th & (Sun) 6th, 2006
http://www.fandemonium.org

I like you're style but it sounds like a lot of work. I like the idea of using the actual tube for the front. I think the fewest changes to the outside look would be best. I may know where I can get some SEs to try it.

        I'll let you know what I find out.

Ron 'Hollywood' Parro ;>{) http://www.greality.com/Hollywood/
"Each small victory improves the odds that you will triumph at the moment of truth."
        — Pat Riley