Hey,

I have one of those 12'' RGB monitors, which came with a working LCIII. It
does exactly what you mention in the second case. I still keep it because
sometimes I need to do some hardware testing and I don't want to use my 2
beautiful 14'' Macintosh Color Display.

But yes, it gets blurry after about 15 minutes of using it... probably some
sort of problem. But if I let it cool down, turning it off, when I switch it
back on it's working great again!

Don't know much about CRTs, except they are the computer technicians'
murderers (they have such high voltages that can kill you if you're not
prepared, even if you don't turn the CRT on in a month, they can still shock
you! :)

I would prefer getting a new working CRT rather than rebuilding one... But
this is my cowardly talking :)

Manuel Jorge M. Marques
  _____

http://manuelmarque.no.sapo.pt