The VirtualGL 2.3 server code does *not* work on FreeBSD.  Please try
the latest code in subversion trunk.  Refer to:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/virtualgl/forums/forum/401860/topic/5069385

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3485313&group_id=117509&atid=678327

Also, please refer to the User's Guide regarding how to launch
VirtualBox.  You are not using the correct method below.