On Tue, May 07, 2013 at 10:25:11AM -0500, Joshua Cude wrote:
> On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 9:48 AM, Edmund Storms <stor...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>
> > Regardless of what is suggested as evidence, you will find a way to reject
> > it.
> >

> This is often stated, but of course it's nonsense. Who could reject a
> phenomenon that replaces fossil fuels? That powers a car without refueling?

This is precisely my problem with claimed evidence for CF/LENR.
If it's a giant effect, how come it's so conveniently elusive?

I was extremely impressed with the original Fleischman-Pons paper
back then and was about to run out to order some palladium wire
and liberate a few cm^3 of heavy water from NMR solvent shelf
but then was amazed when it turned out how sloppy the work was.
How could Nature publish this?

I kept watching the field since, and it's only gotten downhill.
Some of the papers on LENR-CANR archive are just terrible
beyond words.

Of course I've tracked Rossi as well, starting with what
his students wrote about him on reddit and the whole
78 pages of http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=198040

The gullibility of some posters here is truly astonishing.