I had an interesting experiment yesterday.  This was my first time using a
triac to regulate input power and sealing the tube with a compression
fitting.  Unfortunately, my thermocouple failed.

Take a look at the alumina tube and the evidence for melting.  The furnace
sealant which I coated it with completely melted and agglomerated to the
bottom of the cell (also appears to be mixed with melted alumina).

http://www.lenr-coldfusion.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/IMG_20150317_084823_361.jpg

The tube was purchased from China and is purportedly 95% pure.  It was
supposed to have a continuous operating temperature of 1500C.

Any opinions?

Jack