It is possible that the LENR reaction was not carried inside the tube in
the fuel, but in the alumina cement that covered the heater wire. The
cement must have some residual water in it. Therefore, a sonoelectrochemistry
based mechanism might be producing nanoparticles in this cement and these
particles are the source of the reaction. If Jack runs the test without
fuel and the reaction still occurs, then look to the cement as the LENR
active element.