As with any change one can approach it at least two ways.
1. Fear it and see the doomsday approaching.
2. Accept it and try to regroup to get maximum benefit from it.

To me it is obvious and to most people it is when I put it this simple. The
problem occurs because people dive into details and observe that certain
things will be negatively affected. The reaction ought to be; we must
change this situation now so we better can benefit from future advances.

It seems I am the only one proposing smaller organizations. Maybe after a
long period of very large organizations it seems powerless. IMHO with
unprecedented access to information, with instant communication everywhere
(soon anyhow), there is no value in the large organization. The large
organization has very few advantages but a number of easily recognized
disadvantages:
1. They automatically carries a large amount of 'fat'. Therefore
ineffective.
2. In an open society with great access to information, there capacity for
deploying resources they harbor will no longer have a value. The same
resources can be deployed without formal and inflexible (read forever)
 organization.
3. Given the opportunity most people will produce better if given the right
to produce what they are interested in. Large organizations have to force
people to do things the organization deems important. Thus there is a
possibility for small organization with temporary liaisons to provide
better result if we embrace the new opportunity. I think there are two
issues one need to resolve before this can be a reality:
          a. Basic income needs to be separated from work. UBI is a
possible solution.
          b. People must be educated so they can see and utilize the
opportunity.

I do agree with Adrian in his analysis and suggested solutions.
I have lived my first 45 years in Scandinavia. I have first hand experience
and it certainly has its advantages. However, the differences between US
welfare and the Swedish ditto is very small. I sometimes feel there is less
freedom in the US system. (I know it is hard to believe and that many will
say - cannot be so.) There is one big difference. The Swedish system is
considered a right, the US system is murky in its implementation. This
might not be the best analysis but what I am trying to say is that there is
an attitude difference, which is hard to describe. Personally I have chosen
to live in California so it has to be some advantages or am I saying one
and doing the other? Reality is that days are longer and the sunshine
prevalent in California. The nuances in difference in regards to politics
are so small that there is hardly possible to distinguish between and they
for sure are evened out over time. As Adrian is saying; ' One possible way
of avoiding the looming conflict is conversion to a welfare system like the
Scandinavian countries employ'. It actually calms down the
revolutionary tendencies.
I just want to add that I think the comparison is very unfair. The US is 30
times more people, and even as Sweden has a large number of immigrants
lately, it is still a much more homogeneous population than the US. The
Scandinavian model cannot be implemented in the US. This model will not be
enough in Scandinavia either - more must follow. I think the most important
in the US is to decentralize the government.
1. Less in Washington and more in the neighborhood block.
2. Reduce the bureaucratic obstacles we have built with a good intention
but with totally wrong result. See the licensing system for different
trades, which is close to medieval rules for trade. I understand that there
need to be requirements for certain services. The question is who is
capable of judging - I for sure know government is totally incapable.

LENR has many characteristics, which would help future social development.
Just as we need to search for solutions in the energy field, that makes
life better, we need to find a model for distributing the resources and
make sure everyone has the basics.

Best Regards ,
Lennart Thornros

lenn...@thornros.com
+1 916 436 1899

Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe and
enthusiastically act upon, must inevitably come to pass. (PJM)