From: Jones Beene [mailto:jone...@pacbell.net]
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2016 11:32 AM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: EXTERNAL: RE: [Vo]:Re: EM Drive(s)

A related but alternative bit of insight comes from John Wallace in the cited
paper on spin waves. I thought Bob Cook was aware of it, but maybe not since he
did not bring up the most important detail - mass.

It would be relevant to Shawyer’s drive if the Frustum were to have an iron
liner component, such as an inner layer of sheet iron or even iron plating,
which is not the case, but anyway this paper is worth a read on the off-chance
that copper can produce spin waves like iron (doubtful).

http://arxiv.org/abs/0901.1631

In Wallace’s hypothesis, applied to Sawyer, RF would be converted into
transverse (spin) waves. These waves have special properties and importantly
they have mass. One dispersion curve yielded a real but exceedingly small
effective mass of 1.8 10^{-39}kg for spin waves… which is not too far removed
from the mass energy of the microwave photon which created it. But unless the
copper frustum acts to release the same spin wave as does iron this explanation
does not work for Em. Plus, since these waves have mass, they can be depleted
over time without a replenishment source which spoils the idea of very long
space missions. Most of the idealists balk at a theory that doesn’t get them
access to intergalactic Sci-Fi missions. ☺

There are other partial explanations which actually mesh with spin waves.
Shawyer claims that a standing wave interference pattern is created by
geometry, operating frequency path lengths. And he claims that “stress energy
of space” is altered by the interference pattern. That sounds a lot like
aether. A chiral aether with effective mass, together with spin waves of
effective mass – that would explain everything - yet observers shy away. Too
bad.

A third slant is Puthoff's patent - showing that a small but detectable curl
free potential can be created from interference patterns passing through
barriers, presumably like a copper wall. If the microwaves remain inside the
cavity, then there is no interaction with the vacuum except by invoking a
massive wave, and consequently, there is no established theory to give external
thrust to the device except the Wallace approach, which comes the closest since
it predicts wave-particles of low-but-real mass. Wallace does have real
uncontested data for spin waves whereas Shawye’s data is challenged.