From: Eric Walker <eric.wal...@gmail.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Tue, Mar 15, 2016 11:08 am
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Re: EM Drive(s)

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 8:48 AM, David Roberson <dlrober...@aol.com> wrote:

Of course thrust would be generated if RF is directed away from the drive into
space.  Unfortunately, this is not happening in these devices since they are
well shielded and keep the RF from escaping.

There was an interesting YouTube video that was mentioned here within the last
year, maybe, that showed how RF could readily escape from a metal trashcan that
was being used as a Faraday cage if electrical conducting tape was not used to
carefully tape down the lid.  Has the question of (non-microwave) RF been
systematically investigated in connection with the EM Drive?

At a minimum, even in the case of a Faraday cage, I assume there will be a
conversion to black/graybody radiation. Presumably such radiation would not be
unidirectional, but it would still be measurable.  I'm curious whether anyone
has looked at the general question of escaping RF yet.

Eric