a.ashfield <a.ashfi...@verizon.net> wrote:

> Whatever the heat use by the customer,  the arrangement was only made
> because IH had failed to provide the customer for over a year that they
> said they would.

I.H. did find a customer, but Rossi rejected that customer in favor of a
fake company that he and his lawyer owned.

The customer did not use any of the heat. Certainly not anything like 1 MW.
We know this because I.H. and others took steps to detect the heat from the
roof and walls, with IR cameras and other devices. No significant heat was
found. Also because the customer had no employees, conducted no business,
and no one answered the telephone there.

If anyone was operating a boiler over 117 kW or similar industrial
equipment in that building, they were violating Florida law, because no
boiler is listed at that address:

http://www.myfloridacfo.com/Division/SFM/portalFiles/boilerSafetyPortal.html?Action=ShowBoilersPage

Here are the regs for boilers:

http://www.myfloridacfo.com/Division/SFM/BFP/BoilerSafety/documents/BoilerSafetyBookletWEBEffective04102016.pdf

"Water heaters that exceed 400,000 btu/hr heat input [117 kW]; or 210
degrees F at the outlet; or 120 gallons nominal water containing capacity,
are classified as hot water supply boilers, and are regulated by the Boiler
Safety Section of the Bureau of Fire Prevention, Division of State Fire
Marshal."

Rossi's device only produces 20 kW, with no excess heat, so it does not
need an inspection. If it really produced 1 MW as claimed, it would be a
violation. It is so badly constructed and instrumented I expect it would
explode at 1 MW.

The heat was low grade, and there are not many industrial processes that
could use it. The fluid leaving Rossi's reactor room was just above 100 deg
C. Returning it was at 60 deg C. That is what Rossi told Lewan. The
reservoir remained level so it was the same water looping around. So if
there was any process heat in the next room, it came from a heat exchanger
and it had to be cooler than 60 deg C.

I am sure there was only a 15 kW radiator in there. That is why Rossi
refused to allow anyone in. A small radiator in the customer site would be
proof that the whole test was a fraud. Rossi removed instruments and set up
the test in ways that made it difficult to measure the heat balance in his
own room. It gave a false indication of excess heat. This also made the
test dangerous, even at 20 kW. Despite his efforts to obscure the truth, I
could see from his sample data that there was little or no excess heat.
I.H. was able to make additional measurements confirming there was no
excess heat at all.