On Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 1:33 PM, a.ashfield <a.ashfi...@verizon.net> wrote:

Why didn't IH/Cherokee come up with a customer for a whole year?  They
> forced Rossi to do something himself.  It looks to me that they never
> wanted the test where they might have to pay Rossi $89 million but wanted
> to profit from the IP thy had obtained for $11 million.

I have reviewed the license agreement and the two amendments, and there is
no mention that I can find of a third-party customer as being a requirement
for the Guaranteed Performance Test.  Exhibit 17 to the Answer sets out the
terms that were signed between IH and Rossi for his engagement with JM, the
customer [1].  No mention is made of the Guaranteed Performance Test. In an
email included as Exhibit 16, Rossi makes the case for relocating to
Florida, arguing that it will look good for there to be a customer that is
paying for the heat.  Again, no mention of the Guaranteed Performance Test.

In that same email from Rossi to Darden, Vaughn, Dameron and others, Rossi
says "Your proposal to put the plant in a factory owned by yourself at
least until recently is dramatically less convincing."  It looks like
Darden et al. might have made space available for the plant, possibly for
the GPT, and Rossi had other ideas.

The connection between the GPT and a customer appears to be a Rossi thing.

The negative folk like you always phrase it that you KNOW the answer, that
> Rossi is a fraud and the outcome is certain.  I don't think it is.

Perhaps you will be able to point to some instances where (1) I've said
that I know the answer or (2) I assert that Rossi is a fraud or (3) I
assert that the outcome is certain.  My position is a different one:  I
think Rossi's behavior has been self-destructive and possibly bad for the
prospects of LENR, and I don't discount IH's accusations of fraud.  My hope
is that the consequences can be contained and whatever value he might have
found be realized, although I am profoundly skeptical that anything will
come of it.  I think that IH have done the field a great service in diving
in and funding several LENR researchers, with little expectation of a
return on their investment.  And I hope that this tangle with Rossi does
not negatively impact that effort.

Eric

[1] https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5ZV0oKQafY4bHhOZHlBZFZ4MG8