Who is the guy that got the doctorate in nuclear engineering?
Rossi is likely lying and misleading about this or at minimum being sloppy
as usual.
In Italy we have Laurea (that is like a master that you start after high
school) that in a hard field like physics or engineering can take up to 6-7
years. A Dottorato di Ricerca happens after the Laurea and it is highly
selective. You need to do real research and publish to receive a Dottorato
and it really cannot be less that 3 years given you have to get the data,
write the dissertation and publish.
Given that high school usually ends in Italy when you are about 19 years
old it is unlikely that this guy that Rossi mentions (without giving a
name) has a Doctorate. Probably just a Laurea.
But this shows again how misleading, clueless Rossi can be even in
secondary details like this.