From: Eric Walker <eric.wal...@gmail.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Fri, Aug 26, 2016 3:44 pm
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Interesting Steam Calculation

On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 1:07 PM, David Roberson <dlrober...@aol.com> wrote:

The court will decide what it believes to be true.  I personally want to know
what the real truth is and not what lawyers are able to convince the judge or
jury of.  If Rossi is actually delivering the 1 MW then he should prevail in an
ideal world.

Suppose I have a frobnicator that I claim can flibbertygibbet.  I'm willing to
sell it to you not for 1000 dollars, or 100,000 dollars, but 100,000,000
dollars.  You agree and give me a handsome initial sum, which covers my showing
you how to work the thing and any future improvements.  Now I hold it behind my
back, and have one of my friends stand behind me, and I operate the device
where you can't see it.  The friend says the frobnicator did indeed
flibbertygibbet.  It's now time for you to pay up.  Suppose for the sake of
argument that the thing did in fact flibbertygibbet.  If you're being
realistic, would you hand over the money, given that you've had good reason in
other contexts to think that the thing doesn't work as advertised?  I sincerely
hope not.

Eric