On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 2:53 PM, Craig Haynie <cchayniepub...@gmail.com>
wrote:

This is why Darden is an idiot, because he signed a contract which says
> just this! He accepted a Rossi appointee to perform this 'test', and
> signed a contract which forbids him from making any type of independent
> evaluation or opting out if he disagrees with the final report.

The contract nowhere says that IH would allow the equivalent of Leonardo
performing the trick behind their back.  There are many reasonable
expectations that are not captured in a contract that can be used to
invalidate it.  One of them is that IH would be going against their
fiduciary duty to their investors to intentionally purchase something they
are unable to distinguish from a lemon.

Beyond this I know little about the soundness of IH's decision to enter
into this specific license agreement and would be as interested as anyone
to know more about the thinking that went into it.

Eric