You seem to be making a couple of questionable assumptions, not the least of which is that the flow rate of tap water will remain stable over a long time period - in fact it can vary significantly in many locales. We're talking about Eastern Europe, no? The plumbing may go back to the kingdom of Bohemia.

Even though the setup seems fundamentally flawed as a precision calorimeter, it can serve a purpose. An apparent large COP will suffice to make the prima facie case - and that would entice an investor.

Maybe Dewey Weaver will have a look. If there really is an apparent COP near 8 for instance - a University or large company can take more accurate thermal data without phase change.

The inventor could even close the loop with that kind of gain. In fact, that is probably the only way to convince most doubter. The best advice is to close the loop ASAP.

But if it gets down to judging steam quality to make a case for thermal gain in the range of COP~1.5 - then it has been a waste of time IMHO.

Jed Rothwell wrote:
Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net <mailto:jone...@pacbell.net>> wrote:

    Using water, instead of a heat transfer fluid makes no sense to
    me, given the history of LENR and especially the duplicity of
    Rossi which is looming over everything these days.

He is using tap water. That is simple and cheap. He does not need a pump. When you open a faucet and leave it alone you get pretty much the same pressure and flow rate all day long. Using oil or some other heat transfer fluid would be expensive, complicated and messy. You have to have pumps and tanks and so on.

I think you are exaggerating the difficulties of measuring the enthalpy of steam. With the proper instruments and techniques it is not difficult at all. You just have to measure steam quality. Or, as we have discussed here, condense the steam by sparging, or use a heat exchanger. What's the big deal?

Steam was a problem with Rossi because he _made it into_ a problem. Hot water would have been a problem with him. He would have found a way to screw up that measurement as well.