Pretty interesting Axil.   Still reading.   I did find a more up-to-date
paper on the magnetic susceptibility of PdH & PdD but this time with a
larger range of loading C > 0.8 H per Pd.   Yes, funny you should mention
Superconductivity...   I'll let the title of the article speak for itself.

"Magnetic and Transport Properties of PdH: Intriguing Superconductive
Observations" Paolo Tripodi1 , Daniele Di Gioacchino, and Jenny Darja Vinko
Brazilian Journal of Physics, vol. 34, no. 3B, September, 2004.
http://www.scielo.br/pdf/bjp/v34n3b/a07v343b.pdf

Could the diamegetic signal from the from the 1974 magnetic susceptibility
measurements be an indication of the onset of superconductivity.   Would
superconductivity indicate the formation of a H/D BEC held by the lattice.
Inquiring minds want to know.