Hi,
[snip]
>Assuming for a moment the plasma was actually holding excess
>electrons, why wouldn't they just fly to the inside of the glass
>envelope, which is of course positively charged, and remain stuck on
>that dielectric? This would result in a larger capacitor with the same
>charge, i.e. a drop in capacitor voltage.
[snip]
I suspect that there is already charge on the inside of the glass. However you
are correct in as much as I also can't see any reason why it wouldn't just stay
there.
IOW maybe this device really doesn't work as advertised.
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://rvanspaa.freehostia.com/Project.html