On Tue, 23 Jun 2009, John Berry wrote:
> in the general region as both Hiddink claimed and was to a lesser degree
> reported by Stiffler, also a guy on a Ed Gray conversion tube list after
> listening to me tried some stuff out and fried a pack of distant diodes.

Stiffler's reputation on this list is a bit low, to say the least.

He claimed to have a self-oscillating FE device which lit some LEDs, and
posted youtube video about this.  Then suddenly he wouldn't talk about it,
and went on to other subjects.  At the same time on another video he
mentioned that he'd been doing things to mess with people who criticized
him.  So perhaps that FE LEDs video was completely fake.  At that point I
decided that he was a possible scammer, or possible dishonest sociopath
who enjoys fooling people.

He left this list right about the time that a subscriber found him using
"sock puppet" online personalities to praise his own work.  After leaving,
he joined Vortex again under more than one false name.  He may still be
here right now.

So at present I see him as totally untrustworthy, and I put zero faith in
any results he reports.  I don't think he's after money, I think he's
after attention, or perhaps is an example of a common type of person found
online: the schadenfreude addict.  Where FE is concerned, we should
permanently turn away from anyone who violates trust like this.

William J. Beaty                            SCIENCE HOBBYIST website
billb at amasci com                         http://amasci.com
EE/programmer/sci-exhibits   amateur science, hobby projects, sci fair
Seattle, WA  206-762-3818    unusual phenomena, tesla coils, weird sci