He has plainly made some interesting demos and if this is true then yes that
is very disappointing.
Sock puppets to praise your own work is more than a bit creepy.

It does seem he had an issue with criticism and somehow (how I'm not sure) I
managed to piss him off.

As true as all that may be personally I am not as tempted to disregard
something because someone has some personality problems since I was
communicating with him before and after he managed to get the effect and the
video looks convincing and knowing that however it works the SEC does have
some anomalous results so whatever it's not like the guy makes everything
up.

Yes, something did seem a bit odd about the self powered version I agree
with you there.