At 11:37 AM 9/29/2009, Roarty, Francis X wrote:
I think the biggest disconnect is trying to make a direct jump from the materials to fusion without better explaining the interim step that supplies the energy to Create the fusion artifacts. I am following a current thread Zero point fluctuations and the Casimir effect over on scienceforums that relates to this.
Fran

It's very difficult to dissociate the field from the name it originally got. "Fusion" is a hypothesis; Francis is correct. What are the "artifacts," under what conditions to they arise, and theory should have been way down the list of matters to investigate.