Chris Zell wrote:
> "Selling" Cold Fusion?  Public Relations?  And this is Science we're
> talking about? It's disgusting.  Guys like Feyerabend were more right
> than anyone likes to admit.  Peer review becomes sneer review and
> instead of the Defenders of the Dominant Paradigm dying off, we're stuck
> with obituaries in the wrong camp.
>
> If I ever discover free energy, I swear I'm going to reveal it as Jesus
> did miracles: "Tell no one"  - so that the whole world will know, in
> reaction.
>
> On a more hopeful note,  I find some joy in the recent worldwide
> economic disaster, as this and total war are what bring new ideas and
> talents to the forefront of human progress.  War and bankruptcy can
> remove obstacles that reason and "science" can't.  I see opportunities
> in these areas:
>
> 1) The Dead Hand of US car companies may be lifted.  We'll get electric
> cars somehow - and if we don't, the Chinese will.  A thousand curses on
> GM for what they did to the EV-1.

And don't forget Ernie Kovacs.

"Who killed the Electric Car?"  Hmmm.

"Who killed Ernie Kovacs?"  Hmmm.

GM never lost a case in court regarding the rear-engine unbalanced
Corvair and its swing axle design.  That proves they're innocent, right?
-- and it must have been Ernie's bad driving that made his 'vair spin
out that night?

In a pig's eye.

And they altered the design to be a little less deadly in 1964, two
years later, but never admitted there was a problem to start with AFAIK.