Steven V Johnson wrote:

Surely you realize the DIA report is NOT about to be ignored.

It is not being ignored but it may not have a big impact. So far, 136 people have downloaded it from LENR-CANR.org. That is not much considering the fact that I have featured it on the front page, where ~1,200 people have seen it (I think).

If it does have a major impact that will be rather odd because there are more authoritative scientific documents published by places like Los Alamos, SRI and China Lake, that have not made much of an impact. They should be more persuasive. I am not knocking Ms. Barnhart but after all, Storms et al. know a heck of a lot more about this subject than she does, and they have published many papers. It seems odd that with regard to a scientific finding, people would put more trust in an intelligence agency than a world-class laboratory, but perhaps they do.

I can understand why mass media outlets such as CBS "60 Minutes" would have a large impact on public opinion. It is because many people watch television, and because the mass media -- especially broadcast media -- has a certain cachet or glamour that makes people believe whatever they say. Judging by the traffic at LENR-CANR.org and the comments I have read, it seems that even scientists are more inclined to believe "60 Minutes" than J. Electroanal. Chem. That's odd but I guess it is human nature.

Does this same sort of cachet apply to intelligence agencies? We shall soon find out.